Product Review: Angel Crafts 6" x 12" Self Adhesive Vinyl Sheets

If you know me very well, you know that I love to craft! I love paper cutting, card making and vinyl cutting. As an avid crafter, I am always looking for affordable, high quality craft supplies to help with with my crafts.

Recently, I learned about Tomoson (www.tomoson.com), a site that allows you to try products for free or at a reduced cost in exchange for your honest review. I am so excited to write my first review on Angel Crafts 6" x 12" Self Adhesive Vinyl Sheets.

(Please note that I received this product at a reduced price in exchange for my opinion.)


Vinyl is such a fun way to really make a gift, card or wall pop with a unique addition, but quality vinyl is expensive and the quantity you receive for the cost is usually pretty small. One of the ways I have worked around this problem is to use contact paper instead of vinyl, but contact paper can be difficult to weed and the adhesive isn't nearly as strong as good vinyl. So I was quite excited to find this pack of 35 various colored 6x12 vinyl sheets for only $17.95.

I was very pleased at the shipping time for this product, I received it only two days after I purchased it.  The vinyl is packaged flat with a cardboard backing, so it will be easy to use in my Silhouette Cameo.  I was so pleasantly surprised to find that there are a ton of colors in this package!  Since I often craft at night, I love having variety on hand so that I can create on a whim, and this package of vinyl will really extend my flexibility for vinyl crafts.

To try out the product I decided to make a quick cover for an upcoming pocket letter I am going to make with an Avengers theme.  The vinyl cut very cleanly and weeded very easily.  I transferred it to my paper with clear contact paper, and didn't have any problem with it sticking to the contact paper or transferring from the contact paper.  I think the project came out well.

The vinyl says it is a permanent bond, and this morning when I tried to remove it from the paper, it is definitely stuck fast. Out of concern for my walls, I decided to test a small piece before committing to a larger wall project. The vinyl stuck well, but removed easily.  If you had trouble removing it, I think it would only take a brief shot of hot air from a hairdryer to remove it.

Overall, I would recommend this product and would purchase it again.  I like the size and the flexibility it can give me for small projects.

Comments

Popular Posts