Orbital shifts





Have you ever watched a pendulum swing and draw its orbits with paint? Left alone it creates beautiful, predictable orbits. The orbits will slowly shrink creating beautiful patterns. Sometimes the artist might bump the paint to shift the direction orbit, and other times the artist might switch colors and create completely new orbits.  If you've never seen this in action, just Google pendulum m painting to see what I'm talking about.

Our lives often have similar pendulum-like orbits.  We get set into patterns of existence that have many predictable shifts, and these shifts create our lives.  Many of these shifts are gradual - you look back in time and you can see how the shifts slowly altered your orbit- you aged, kids grew up, responsibilities shifted, relationships evolved.  

But every once in a while our lives get bumped by meteors that completely shift the direction of our orbits.  When these things happen, they might completely alter the pictures of our pendulum lives - divorce, deaths, friendships starting or ending, and other major life events are the causal factors for these shifts.  

The pandemic was an orbital shifter for many of us.

For me, the pandemic provided a paint change.  My twins have moved towards graduations, my parents' health has shifted, work has been transformed.  The paint of pre-pandemic days ran out and it was time to begin something new.  Then the new color started swinging.  In the past six months, I have felt the renewal of the swinging.  My heart and soul have been awakened and my mind freed from the fog of the paint shift.  And with this new swing so many things are being set in motion.  I am being reminded of habits forgotten, have been shown areas of weakness that need to be fortified, and have experienced a renewal of curiosity and seeking.

My picture is being drawn.  With a paint change and orbital shift, I am not sure what it is going to look like - but I have confidence in the divine artist who paints the picture.  

But with the shifts, there will be many changes.  

I will need grace and love because change can be difficult.  

I will need patience and perseverance because change can be disruptive.

I will need love because change creates a lot of unknowns and love supports security.

I will sometimes need the vision of others who might be able to see my new picture with clearer eyes and hearts.  

I am grateful he has a plan and purpose for me. 

I am excited about what is and what will be.  

I am committed to the process and look forward outcome.

Thank you for journeying with me.



Comments

Popular Posts