It's time to take a new path

Sometimes you find yourself in a situation or situations that create the perfect environment for you to be entangled, and snared by worry, concern, love, laughter, friendship, need, or other things. Like entering a thicket and trying to avoid the prickly plants, it's almost impossible to get out without getting snagged. I feel like I have been ensnared. Since about 2019, I feel like I entered the thicket and there were myriad of claws and plants and thistles blocking the path I was to walk. And I walked, and I walked, and I walked. And I enjoyed the hike, for there were many things to enjoy. But the journey was over very rough terrain, and it was difficult and hard. And there were some areas of the trip that ensnared me and got me: quicksand that I could not pass through easily. But I feel as though I have escaped the worst of the snares for now, and it is good. And the hike was good. And all of the things along the way were good. They didn't always look good, but they helped to create the me that I was becoming and that I am. And I am grateful for the path I had to walk, and I am grateful for all of the sights and sounds and experiences along the way. I do not want to go back and change anything. I do not want to forget any of it. But my path led me to the new path, and the new path has much to be explored. And I want to explore it well. And I want to experience new things, to see new heights, and to be filled with new things. 

Jesus, come take my hand and let's stroll.

Comments

Popular Posts