August 13 - First Day of School

Today is the first day of school. I have two kiddos entering into six grade and one going into first.  Fir the sixth graders this year marks transition to a new school, new friends, and new types of study.  It is terrifying and exciting for all of us, but for my sweet son G, this is a very difficult time.  He doesn't love school and all this change makes him sick to his stomach and full of anxiety.  As I find scriptures to pray today, it is with him in mind.  I want God to be his refuge, and he is still trying to decide if God is a trustworthy refuge.  I pray that Mitch and I can both help support him in his pursuit, and that we might be able to remind of the scriptures descriptions of how God can support us.


Dear God, you have told us to not fear and to not be dismayed because you are our God. You promise to strengthen and help us.  You promise to uphold us with the righteousness of your right hand (Isaiah 41:10).  Lord, I pray that fill my children today and that you might reveal your strength to them.  Lord, I know you are faithful and will protect them from the evil one (2 Thessalonians 3:3), but Lord, if  any of us has any doubts or unbelief, please help us with that.

I praise you Lord that you hear my words and and that you keep them near to you. It is such a blessing to read about the four living creatures that are holding bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of Your people (Revelations 5:8). It reminds me that you are a living God who loves his sheep, and that you are a good and faithful shepherd. Thank you, God.

Comments

Popular Posts