Praying God's Word


Prayer seems to be the grounding act that I go to as I try to make my way through the world. Without a doubt, having God always available to hear my prayer and to respond to prayer makes each day a little easier.  Recently I started reading Beth Moore's book, Praying God's Word.  In it, she demonstrates ways to pray to the scripture, and emphasises that God's Word has power, and using and claiming that power can help us overcome stronghold in our lives.  I have begun to do this, and want to record these prayers on here, so that I can reference back to them.

Psalms 94:16-19

God you will rise up for me against the wicked.  You will take a stand for me against evil doers. When I say " my foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, will support me. When anxiety is great within me, your consolation will bring joy to my soul.

James 1: 19-20

Lord, please help me to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for my anger does not bring about the righteous life that you desire.

Romans 12:1-2

Lord, you are a merciful God, and I long to offer my body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to you in a spiritual act of worship. Please help me and guide me to no longer conform to the pattern of this world,but transform mt by the renewing of my mind. Then I will be able to test and approve what your will is - Your good, pleasing and perfect will.


Comments

Popular Posts