August 12 - Strength

(I Cor 12:9) Lord, you have told me that Your grace is sufficient for me because Your power is made perfect in weakness. Please help me to boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. Lord, it is for Christ’s sake that I want to delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, and in difficulties. Lord, when I am weak, you take control and make me strong.  Please let me believe this and help me to live as though your grace is sufficient for me.

God, you know that I am on a journey to learn to control my tongue, to listen more and speak less.  On this journey, I feel that you are guiding me on a path towards love.  You have demonstrated this love in your Word, through your son, and through your mercy.  In Romans 12:9, you instruct me that love must be sincere.  Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.  Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above myself.  I believe that this battle to control my tongue is a battle to help me be more loving, for if my heart overflowed with love, it would come out of my mouth.  Help me overcome the strongholds that  control my tongue and make me more loving, Lord.

(Gal 6:9) Let me not grow weary of doing good, for in due season I will reap, if I do not give up.

Comments

Popular Posts