My Mom's Mac And Cheese

The weather outside is frightful and that makes me want to cook.  Last night I made one of my favorite comfort foods.  I found this recipe years ago in a magazine  I made it once, and fell in love with.  I have made it ever since without a recipe so I can't give credit to the original source.  I do however give homage to the original recipe by maintaining the name listed in the magazine.  The recipe was called "My Mom's Mac and Cheese." Please know that my mother has never made this recipe. I only call it this because that was it's proper name in the magazine in which I discovered it..

My Mom's Mac and Cheese

Ingredients
8 ounces elbow macaroni
2-3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 cans (15 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste

Directions
Cook the macaroni as directed on the package.  Do not overcook the macaroni, al dente is best.  In an oven safe dish, combine the macaroni, cheese, tomatoes and seasonings. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.

I hope you enjoy this dish. The first time I made it was for  my friends, Billy and Crystal Reynolds.  I told Billy that I was bringing mac and cheese to their house for dinner, and he replied, "Really?? That's it?"  Thankfully, after he tasted it, he told me it was much better than the box version he envisioned me bringing. LOL.

I hope you enjoy it too!

Keep warm tonight,

Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts