Valentines - Candy Bar Tutorial

When I look for craft ideas, I always look for simple and quick ideas because I never plan ahead, and I like to go to bed on time or early most days.  A few years ago I made super cute candy bar holders for my kids' teachers, my coworkers and several others for valentine's day.  I made all of them the night before they were needed, and the only items I had to purchase for the craft were the candy bars.

All you need to make these cute valentines are:
# 10 envelopes
Patterned Paper
paper trimmer or scissors
glue
a candy bar
decorative valentine message

If you are interested in making one of these, check out this very detailed tutorial at Inspired and Unscripted.  Since it is such a well done tutorial, I will not post my own.

For my gifts I uses king sized Hershey bars and Symphony chocolate bars.  They were both large enough to make the envelope feel full.  If you need to make more than one of these, I recommend making all of your cuts first. I made several of these, and I had to return to the tutorial every time to get the measurements.  I found it was much easier when I prepped for each piece in an assembly line fashion and then assembled it.

Happy crafting,
Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts