Verse of the Week: I Kings 36-37 and a new prayer

This week I found my verse for the week in Bible class yesterday.  I knew, even as I tuned out Miss Kay, that God was speaking to me through this verse.  In recent months, God has been calling me to minister to others, and has been guiding me in new directions that I believe are positioning me to do His will in a way I have not yet experienced.  It is an exciting journey, and I know the calling is to guide me towards revealing His majesty to those who do not yet know Him.  When I read this verse, I heard the Spirit guiding me into a new prayer, both of which I will share with you today.

I Kings 18: 36-37
And it came to pass, at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near and said, “Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that You are God in Israel and I am Your servant, and that I have done all these things at Your word. Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that You are the Lord God, and that You have turned their hearts back to You again.”

I see within this a prayer of assistance that I need as I share the gospel with others.  I am so thankful to have been guided to it.

Lord God, let it be known this day that You are God in my life and I am your servant.   Let my actions be reflections of the your word.  Please, Lord, let others know that You are the Lord God through me, and that You long to have their hearts turned back to You.  Help me be willing to take risks to reveal You to others and to not be afraid of the opportunities You reveal to me. Amen.

Which scriptures inspire you to prayer?

Have a great week,
Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts