Dreamers and Makers

You are a dreamer.  I am a maker.  Both of us have our roles, our goals and our purposes.

You dream the beautiful,  extravagant dreams that can change the world.  They are vibrant and full of excitement. Their colors make the world a beautiful place. We need dreamers.  And when the dream has bloomed, I am a maker. 

I make the beautiful, extravagant dreams come to life.  I plant the seeds of the dream and tend to each step along its way to see it 
 grow and bloom. Dreams become tangible in the hands of a maker.

And when the dreamers and makers are done with their work,  they turn it all over to the gardener's of the world.   They tend it and keep it fresh and alive. 

Together we change the world.

Perhaps I do not understand the way of a dreamer.  How do dreams become blooms?  When a dream is new does it need to be planted in order to bloom? What is the cost of dreaming? 

As a maker,  I undertake dream-making work with passion and persistence.  Making requires hard work.   Each piece I make requires a piece of my heart,  a gallon of my sweat and tears, and a lot of dreamer fuel. I have learned that I  must invest these wisely. 

And to the gardeners, what work does it take to tend the makings?   Is there a season of tending and blooming? To whom do gardeners release their gardens to when they are finished tending?   

Come tell me about the dreaming of the world.  Come tell me more about making.   And gardners, come tell me about the garden. 

We need each other to change the world.

Come dreamer.  

Come maker.  

Come gardeners. 

Comments

Popular Posts