Nudge to Remember

 Sometimes we need a nudge to be reminded of who we are.

I am a person.
I am a daughter.
I am a sister.
I am a mother.
I am a wife.
I am a friend.

I am a people lover.
I am an encourager.
I show up.
I keep pushing forward even when it gets hard.
I show up in the good times,
and I show up in the bad times.

I am a writer.
I am a problem solver.
I like to share my ideas.
I don't always know the right answers,
but I like it when we offer what we have,
and together we can figure it out.

I am flawed.
I talk a lot - probably too much.
I think - all the time.
Rest has to be practiced -
it isn't a natural rhythm for me.

I listen with my heart.
My heart always hears.
Sometimes I see the soul of things.
That is good,
and hard.

I don't like to shoulder life alone.
My favorite thing is doing life together.
We can root and be grounded,
intertwine our arms,
and hold each other up in the storms.

Life is okay.
It's better together.
It's good to remember
who we are.

I am grateful to the person who nudged me out of my familiar to remember.

Comments

Popular Posts