One little word

I cannot remember when I started choosing a word for the year.  I am sure it was when I was immersed in the scrappbooking world.  One Little Word is a year long activity that focuses on the Word of the year and tries to incorporate it into various activities of the year. 

These past few months I have had an awakening of sorts.  I have been reminded that time progresses regardless.ofnhownwe use it.  During the pandemic, many of my normal rhythms were interrupted, disrupted or altered.  From having all of the family home all the time to my parents needing my help in new ways, it has shifted my daily routines and eliminated many of the activities I choose for relaxation and growth.

Despite all of these changes, my life has been very full over these years - but being out of rhythm and not having consistency is exhausting.  When I haven't been working,  I haven't had energy to do fun things, be creative, or maintain healthy habits.  A few months ago, however, I began to realize that I had cut out these things,  and I have been working intentionally to add them back into my life.

✅ Reading for fun
✅ Writing/Blogging
✅ Exercising and being outdoors
✅ Hanging out with people I love

I'm so grateful for my friends who have helped me through this process.  Who have listened during the process, encouraged me and have put up with me through the reawakening.  And with all of this in mind, I am working on selecting my word for the year.  

Right now, I have three potential words: Intention, Woke and Engaged. I will sit with these words and one will settle on me.  God is faithful to reveal.

Intention 
1.  a thing intended; an aim or plan.
2.  MEDICINE : the healing process of a wound.
3. Some common synonyms of intention are aim, design, end, goal, intent, objective, object, and purpose.

Woke 
1. aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues
2. Synonyms - Words Related to woke
rousted, routed, raised, revived, reawakened, rewaked (or rewoke), agitated, bestirred, disturbed, excited, provoked, stimulated, stirred

Engaged 
1. involved in often constant activity
2. Synonyms for engaged are active, assiduous, bustling, busy, diligent, employed, hopping, industrious, laborious, occupied, sedulous, tied-up, working

Are any of you selecting a word of the year?  What types of words are you considering for the new year?   

Comments

Popular Posts